My notes, links, quotes and case studies from the 20-minute presentation I gave for iXperience Friday on Facebook Live with IBM iX on 27th March 2020. I covered a lot of content so I thought it might be helpful to share all the links for anyone who is interested.
“Things take longer to happen than you think they will, and then they happen faster than you thought they could”. Rudi Dornbusch
A few of the topics I cover:
- Climate Change – Infinite growth on a finite planet?
- COVID-19 – What IBM’s supercomputer is doing to find a cure
- How I found more purpose at work
- My recommended reading list for helping to change the world!
“Technology is nothing. What’s important is that we have faith in people, that they’re good and they’re smart, and if you give them the right tools they’ll do something wonderful with them”.
- Nullschool.Earth Climate Dataviz by Cameron Beccario
- John Hopkins University COVID-19 Map
- IBM x COVID-19 – Access to open source datasets
- How IBM Supercomputer attacks Coronavirus
- Behind the scenes of IBM Summit Supercomputer
- IBM x Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine (Type 1 Diabetes)
- Code + Response – Developer Site
- IBM Mayflower – Interactive site
- IBM Mayflower Autonomous Ship Project
- Blockchain Bean – From Farm to Coffee Cup
- United Nations Sustainable Development Goals App
- Climate Reality Project