A Guide To Help You Give Better Online Presentations
COVID-19 has attacked many weaknesses in the world and it continues to cause chaos and disruption everywhere, but as many of us are confined to working in our home offices, I have noticed another weakness that Coronavirus it is exposing – our ability (or lack of) to give presentations virtually.
So for the first time ever, I have recorded an extended seminar in my home office, sharing a collection of the best pieces of communications advice I have picked up from some of the best speakers in the world about virtual storytelling.
Anyway, I just thought it might be helpful to share with you some tips I have found for building your confidence, bringing data to life, telling better stories faster – and more importantly, connecting with whatever audience is at the other side of that tiny little camera.
I uploaded the slides here if you want to take a closer look.
10 Secrets of Virtual Storytelling : Quotes & Links
- “It’s not enough to be good (or right) you need to be effective”. Neil DeGrasse Tyson
- “Don’t practice until you get it right, practice until you can never get it wrong”. Tony Robbins
- “In the end people are not persuaded by what you say but by what they understand” John C. Maxwell
- “Marketing is no longer about the stuff you make but the stories you tell”. Seth Godin
- “You can change the world just by sharing your story”. Barack Obama
- “Whoever tells the best stories goes home with the most marbles”. Jeremy Waite
- 110 Techniques of Communication (TEDx, David JP Phillips)
- The Shape of My Perfect Keynote by Jeremy Waite
- How I Write a Column by Thomas Friedman
- Thank You For Being Late by Thomas Friedman
- Death by Powerpoint (TEDx, David JP Phillips)
- The Magical Science of Storytelling (TEDx, David JP Phillips)
- Steve Jobs iPhone Launch (2007)
- Resonate, Illuminate & Data Story by Nancy Duarte
- Duarte Inc. Communication Blog
- Five Stars, Talk Like TED & Presentation Secrets of Steve Jobs by Carmine Gallo
- TED Talks by Chris Anderson
- The Secret to Great Speaking by Chris Anderson
- “Why IBM?” by Jeremy Waite
- Climate Dataviz by Cameron Beccario –
- Watson Personality Insights Language analysis tool
- My Vimeo channel https://vimeo.com/jpwaite
- My Blog for Climate Stuff: www.jeremy.earth
- My TenWords Podcast